Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thanks and Keep it Coming

Alright Folks, we are just a few days into this effort to raise some money for the St Bernard Project and hopefully get myself around the course in Kona. I have been pleasantly suprised by the rapid response and enthusiasm by the network of family and friend contibutors.

Here is what it looks like so far:


Pledges for Finishing: $5025
Under 10 Hours: $4225
Total Possible: $9250

As you can see, my under 10 hours kicker money is significant. The pressure is mounting.

Training wise, I have about 10 hard days of work left before I start to taper. For those of you unfamaliar with triathlon mumbo-jumbo, tapering happens about 2 weeks before a race. You'll reduce training volume the closer you get to race day. I t allows the body to rest up and hopefully get ready to produce the best race. I guess I also should stop eating chocolate cookies at some point also, that might help to.

I have had a great response from the folks at St Bernard Project from this effort. For those that want to watch a quick youtube on SBP, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95VhOFpgQE

Lots of work to do!

Cheers

Matt

No comments: